Autumn is one of my favorite seasons of the year, specially because you get to wear all sorts of amazing things. Be honest: who doesn’t love a bit of sweater weather in his life?
With this in mind I created a small list of outerwear essentials that will keep you warm in the upcoming chilly months while keeping your look stylish and classy. Read on to discover my top picks for the season.
1. Oversized coat. There are many great options to choose from when it comes to coats. From the iconic pieces from Burberry to the classic Harris Tweed, you’ve got a great selection to choose from. The best part is that you can create casual or more formal looks with the same piece; wear it with jeans and sneakers or pair it with a cashmere sweater and your favorite pair of loafers.
2. Motorcycle jacket. Perfect for keeping you warm while giving you that rebel look at the same time. The best ones are from leather, so try to avoid that synthetic crap at all costs. Pair it with a basic tee and jeans.
3. Pea coat. Similar to the coat described above, but this one should shorter and a tiny bit more fitted. The classic color is navy, but you can find it in many different styles and colors. Since this coat is shorter, it will help you look taller while looking very elegant. Try wearing it with a shirt and tie or dressing it down with a solid colored oxford or basic tee.
4. Light jacket. Timeless and versatile. Get one in a solid basic color (navy, black, gray or even olive) and that way you can match it with almost anything. Varsity jackets are a great option as well.
5. Blazer. Wearing a blazer will instantly improve any outfit and make you look like a grown up. Camel is in right now, but if you prefer you can get one in a more conventional tone. Just remember that fit is everything, so whatever you choose make sure it fits you well unless you want to end up looking like a fool.
As you can see, almost all of the clothes above are super versatile and can help you create endless combinations for your look, depending on the occasion and your personal preferences. If you want to know where to look for these, try favorites like J.Crew, Steven Alan, UNIQLO or Zara. Since all of them are basics, they’re fairly easy to find, so whether you’re looking at Mr. Porter or GAP you will certainly find something you like.
Don’t forget to imprint your personal touch and above all, keep it simple!
Until next time,