The best days of summer are still ahead of us, so if a trip to the beach or a relaxing day at the pool are part of your plans, you might be interested in looking good while you enjoy the sun.
Lets get one thing straight firstt; unless you’re a ten year old, board shorts are not cool anymore. If your swim shorts look anything like the ones on the gallery above, it’s time for an upgrade. Follow these simple tips to step your swimwear game up:
- Don’t be scared to show some skin. Anything that’s below your knees is a no go. But don’t get too excited either, because nobody needs to see more than what’s necessary.
- They should be short, but not tight.You need to be able to move freely. It’s a swimsuit after all.
- You can’t go wrong with solid colors. If floral patterns are not your thing, stick with solid basic colors and you’ll do fine.
- If you want pattern, choose wisely. Nobody wants to see you in shorts with a fire breathing dragon stamped on them. Keep it classy.
- In conclusion, go for short, slim and colorful (but not too flashy).
Finally, check out a few personal favorites below:
Top (from left to right): Salvatore Ferragamo, Hartford, 2(x)ist.
Bottom (from left to right): Bather, David Beckham for H&M, Saturdays NYC.
What do you think? Share your favorite picks with me in the comments section!
Until next time,