If you’re one of those people who still think Snapchat is only good for sexting and twelve-year olds obsessed with sending selfies with funny faces, then let me tell you you couldn’t be more wrong, and you’re missing on a ton of interesting stuff.
Snapchat has quickly become into one of the most used social networks in recent days, and you can find cool and interesting people to follow, from your favorite celebrity, musician or athlete, to fashion bloggers, publications and editors in chief. This is the perfect place to go if you want a peek at the life of the rich and famous, or simply to check out the daily lives of people you are interested in. It’s also a great way to get news of current events.
If I have convinced you and you’re ready to start, here’s a list of some of my favorite accounts to follow so you can get a taste of what the Snapchat experience truly looks like:
- gq_magazine: why? only because this is the most popular menswear publication in the world.
- complexmag: cool sneakers, pop culture and music.
- jamesnord: he’s a photographer and blogger living in NYC. He often posts about nice clothes and nice places.
- refinery29: it gets too girly sometimes, but it’s also interesting to see the daily errands of one of the most popular online publications.
- therealverge: one of my absolute favorites. Tech coverage, events, life at their office, NYC. Beef or bust?
- buzzfeed: because, duh.
- onedapperstreet: german menswear fashion blogger, now living in NY. Cool clothes and cool NY life (by now you are probably aware that I’m obsessed with NY as is 90% of the world’s population)
- diplo: there’s no way to sugar coat it. He’s a douche and a freaking idiot, but his snaps are addictive.
- joseadam: Joe Jonas posts the most random shit sometimes… but it’s a great way to get to know the life of a celebrity. He throws some fashion stuff into the mix from time to time.
- mashable: because I love social media and I’m also a geek.
- newyorkermag: also good to take a peek at the daily life inside the publication.
- simpleguystyle: yes, I’m on Snapchat! you can follow me to take a look at my daily life. I’ll admit it’s not always very interesting, but it’s a way to connect with me on a more personal level. I’m always happy to make new Snapchat friends!
So now that you know the facts and have your account starter kit ready, are you willing to give the hottest app trend around a chance? Or, if you’re already into the Snapchat game, which are other accounts that are your absolute favorite and want to share with me?
Until the next time,