At this point many of you might have already heard about the infamous Fyre Festival, a music event that was supposed to take place in a private island in the Bahamas last April but turned into a fucking nonsensical nightmare instead. I was one of the many people who had a ticket to attend, so I wanted to write a recap of my experience in the hopes of clarifying many of the lies and inaccurate facts I’ve encountered since this disaster happened and also to give my two cents about many of the things that unfolded:
- First of all, me and my other two friends with whom I was supposed to travel are fine, we never got to the island and didn’t experience any of the horrible things some attendees had to endure.
- No, it wasn’t exclusively an event for rich people; even though some of the last packages they started promoting had a ridiculous price tag, when Fyre Festival was announced last December the tickets were selling for much less.
- I bought a Duo package with a friend and spent $1,000 USD each for our tickets. I also funded my Fyre band with an additional $400 USD because the organizers mentioned many times that your band would be the only way to pay for things once you arrived to the island. I SPENT MY OWN MONEY, NOTHING WAS GIVEN TO ME.
- If you think I’m rich because I spent a thousand dollars on a first-time ever music festival to be held in the Bahamas, please shut your mouth and go take a look at the cost of attending Coachella.
- I was one of the few (lucky?) ones that didn’t make it to the island. In fact; I didn’t even make it to Miami because I had issues with my visa a few days before. This doesn’t make me any less enraged by the whole thing.
- As I’ve stated before, I’m not rich. And even if I were, I don’t understand why so many useless assholes are saying this was actually a good thing and that it should teach rich people lesson. Are you saying that rich people deserve to have bad things happen to them just because they’re rich? Talk about a fucking petty way to think about how the world works.
- As of this moment, nobody from Fyre Festival has contacted any of us to give us an update on our refunds. To be honest I don’t even think that’s going to happen. I initiated a chargeback claim with my credit card company and they denied my refund, so basically they told me and my friend to go fuck ourselves and at this point we don’t think we will ever see our money again. I hope I’m wrong.
- Besides the money (which I’m a 1000% entitled to feel angry about, thank you), what makes me feel even more pissed off about the whole situation is the level of incompetence and disregard shown by the assholes in charge of the whole thing. YOU KNEW that this was going to be a disaster and still let people get into those planes and arrive to a shitshow. I’m also mad at the people who worked for them and knew this was going to fail weeks or even months in advance and yet said nothing. And then after the shit hits the fan you go and give an interview saying that you knew the whole time and you didn’t even have an NDA so you could have warned people who put themselves in serious danger months in advance? That’s rich.
- To all those know-it-alls and self-righteous assholes claiming that this smelled like a fraud from the start, please get off your high horse and stop pretending you’re smarter and better than anyone else. When the campaign for the Fyre Festival was announced nothing seemed out of the ordinary; in fact, many of the promotional materials (including the involvement of high-profile influencers) and the information provided looked more than legit, so there was no immediate reason to think that this would turn into the disaster it did.
- Which brings me to my last point: influencers absolutely ARE NOT the ones to blame here, at least not all of them. I’m sick of Twitter idiots trying to pin this on people who didn’t have a way in fucking hell to know that things would turn out the way they did, and that were just doing something that is considered an extension of a job (or maybe even a full-time job for many). Influencer marketing is not the enemy, influencer marketing is not a bad thing, and you’re probably just jealous and petty.
Even though it’s been a few days already I’m still trying to process many things about what happened here. I’m also not trying to portray myself as a victim since I know there are people who had it much worse than I did. Obviously I wish those responsible will get what they deserve, and obviously I know that there are many more “real” problems in the world that make this look like nothing in comparison, but still it’s a thing that happened, many people were inconvenienced, and just because someone has different problems to worry about than you do, that doesn’t make anyone’s struggle less important.
PS: Fuck you Billy & Ja Rule, from the bottom of my heart.
Until next time,
Welcome to the second installment of my monthly music monday series! The biggest discovery of the month was LÉON’s EP, which I listened to almost every single day since I first heard “For You”. My second favorite artist of March was Melanie Martínez. I don’t know why I had not discovered her before but I’m glad that I do now! Her Cry Baby album has been on repeat since the weekend. And finally, the last highlight of my month in music was of course Lorde’s long awaited comeback; Green Light is a masterpiece and I can’t wait to hear Melodrama in full this June.
Hope you enjoy the playlist!
Until next time,
Bienvenidos a la segunda edición de mi post de music monday mensual. Este mes el descubrimiento más relevante que tuve fue el EP de LÉON, que básicamente escuché todos los días desde que descubrí el single de “For You”. Mi segundo descubrimiento favorito del mes fue Melanie Martínez, que no sé por qué tardó tanto en entrar a mi biblioteca. He tenido en repeat su álbum Cry Baby desde el fin de semana. Por último no puedo dejar fuera a Lorde que después de varios años por fin regresó a nuestras vidas con Green Light. La canción me gustó mucho y ya espero ansioso a que salga Melodrama en Junio.
Espero les guste la playlist!
Hasta la próxima,
A combination of growing tired of opening my closet and finding nothing to wear, wearing a variation of the same thing most days, and reading this article finally convinced me to do a closet clean-up for the third time; the only thing that was different this time is that I got rid of almost everything I owned.
Having an empty closet feels really scary, but I’m determined to make the best out of it and take this as an opportunity to rebuild my wardrobe by taking a more minimal and functional approach. I wish I could say I have unlimited funds to do so but unfortunately I don’t. Hopefully though, this will mean that I will consider every addition to my new closet more carefully and I will end up with something far superior than what I had.
If you’re also in the mood of some spring cleaning or simply have been toying with the idea of starting from scratch and building a more minimalist wardrobe, here’s a list of essentials I put together:
- Navy suit
- Selvedge denim jeans
- Black jeans
- Khaki chinos
- Wool trousers
- Basic sweaters in black, grey, navy, camel
- Black bomber jacket
- Denim jacket
- Basic Tees in navy, white, grey and black
- White dress shirt
- Oxford shirts in white and blue
- White sneakers
- Brown brogues / desert boots
- Black chelsea boots
Until next time,
Después de leer este artículo y aparte estar harto de abrir el clóset y no ver nada qué ponerme (últimamente me visto con una variación del mismo look todos los días) decidí hacer una limpia de ropa después de la cual básicamente me quedé sin nada.
Sacar tanta ropa y quedarme con una mínima parte de mi clóset original se sintió bastante estresante, pero quiero tomarlo como una oportunidad para construir un guardarropa (casi) desde cero y fijarme un poco más en lo que voy incluyendo. No sé ustedes pero yo a veces siento que muchas veces compramos sólo por comprar y ni siquiera nos fijamos si lo nuevo funciona con lo que ya tenemos. Mi nuevo approach está enfocado en lo minimalista y funcional, y aunque no tengo un presupuesto ilimitado espero que esto me obligue a hacer compras más inteligentes.
Si alguien también quiere tomar el reto de hacer una limpia a consciencia y empezar (casi) desde cero, le comparto la lista que tengo de cosas que considero como essentials:
- Traje azul marino
- Jeans oscuros
- Jeans negros
- Chinos color khaki
- Pantalón de vestir gris
- Suéters básicos en negro, gris, azul marino y café
- Bomber jacket negra
- Chamarra de mezclilla
- Playeras básicas en negro, blanco, gris y azul marino
- Camisa de vestir blanca
- Camisas oxford en blanco y azul
- Tennis blancos
- Zapatos o desert boots cafés
- Chelsea boots negras
Hasta la próxima,
I’ve been thinking about adding a music section to the blog for a long time, but I wasn’t sure about what was the best way to do it. I think I’ve finally come up with something that will allow me to do this without turning this into a music critic blog. In my own spin of the classic Music Monday, on the last Monday of each month I will be sharing a playlist of the music that I found most relevant during said month. It will not necessarily be new music only, but it will be fun to have a sort of monthly mood diary in terms of music and sharing it with you. I hope you find something you like and can add to your personal library!
PS: Sorry if you’re a Spotify user, but as you can see I’m a proud #TeamAppleMusic member 😬
Until next time,
Desde hace tiempo tenía la intención de incorporar una sección de música en el blog, pero no estaba muy convencido de cómo hacerlo exactamente. Creo que por fin se me ocurrió algo que me dará la oportunidad sin convertir esto en un blog de música. Mi propio spin del clásico Music Monday consiste en que el último lunes de cada mes compartiré una playlist con las canciones que fueron más relevantes para mi en ese mes. No necesariamente será música nueva, ni tampoco prometo que todos los elementos del playlist tendrán un tema entre sí, simplemente se trata de llevar un récord de cómo fue mi mes en términos musicales, y de compartir ese diario con ustedes. Ojalá puedan encontrar en estos posts alguna canción que no conozcan y que quieran agregar a su biblioteca personal.
PD: Sorry si utilizan Spotify, pero soy fiel #TeamAppleMusic 😬
Hasta la próxima,
Hi everyone! It’s been quite a while since the last time I posted on the blog and needless to say, A LOT has happened in the meantime. I don’t want to bore you with all the details, so I’ll just tell you that over these past few months I had the chance to reflect on a few key aspects of my life, and deciding what to do with SGS was one of the things that constantly popped up in my mind.
As you probably read somewhere on my social profiles, this year I went to Coachella (weekend 2) for the first time, and oh boy did I had a blast. It really was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had and I can’t wait to go back again in the future.
With the colder months behind us and specially now that Spring is officially here, I don’t have any excuses to not start working out and get in shape again! Keep reading to see how I plan to stay active with some of my favorite Nike pieces.
En el post de hoy les platico sobre Francy, un servicio 100% mexicano con el que podrás adquirir tu perfume favorito sin salir de casa.
Por fin llegó diciembre, uno de los meses (si no es que el mes) más esperados del año. Esta temporada de fiestas está llena de reuniones y eventos, por eso aquí les traigo cuatro ideas de outfits que armé con la ayuda de los chicos de Dockers México que funcionan perfecto para tu posada, cena navideña o de reunión de fin de año.
The festive season is upon us! Some say that it’s a little early to start feeling that holiday spirit, but this is arguably the best part of the year for many, so why not enjoy is as much as possible?
They often say that men are the hardest to shop for, but I have never agreed on that one… I find it equally hard to find gifts for anyone but only when you don’t have a good reference to look for an get ideas. This is why I leave you with my holiday 2015 gift guide for the men in your life, to get you inspired and hopefully help you find the perfect way to show love and appreciation to that special one!